- Commencement of Online Application: 18 March 2020.
- Last Date of Online Application: 02 April 2020.
- Application Fee for Unreserved category is Rs.100/-
- Applicants belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Person with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) need not pay the application fees.
- Upper age limit is 30 years as on 02 April 2020.
- Age relaxation as per applicable rule.
|Contract Period||Consolidated Pay (per month)||Compensation for Extra Hours of Work (per month)|
- Safety Assistants on Contract basis: 24 Posts
- Educational Qualification: a) Pass in SSLC. b) One year Diploma in Safety/Fire from a Government recognized institute or Public Sector Undertaking.
- Experience: Minimum one-year training or experience in safety in a Public Sector Undertaking or a Factory.
- Fireman on Contract basis: 34 Posts
- Educational Qualification: a) Pass in SSLC. b) (i) Minimum four to six months training in Fire Fighting from a State Fire Force or Public Sector Undertaking or a Government recognized course from a reputed institute OR (ii) Certificate in Nuclear Biological Chemical Defence and Damage Control (NBCD), including fire fighting on-board ships from Armed Forces/Recognised Institutions. (c) Knowledge in Malayalam is desirable.
- Experience: Minimum one year experience in fire fighting in State Fire Force or in a large Industrial Undertaking or in the Armed Forces or in Public Sector Undertakings or in Private Companies. The duties include fire surveillance/ fire fighting activities in confined spaces of vessels under construction.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should go through the User Manual and FAQ published in the link www.cochinshipyard.com (Careers page) before filling the online application. The application consists of two phases – One-time Registration and Submission of application against the posts applicable. Applicants should not submit more than one application. Application once submitted shall be final.
Interested candidates can read the full notification before apply online for the job.
Cochin Shipyard was incorporated in the year 1972 as a fully owned Govt of India company. In the last three decades, the company has emerged as a forerunner in the Indian Shipbuilding & Shiprepair industry. This yard can build and repair the largest vessels in India. It can build ships up to 1,10,000 DWT and repair ships up to 1,25,000 DWT. The yard has delivered two of India’s largest double hull Aframax tankers each of 95,000 DWT. CSL has secured shipbuilding orders from internationally renowned companies from Europe & Middle East and is nominated to build the country’s first indigenous Air Defense Ship. Shipyard commenced ship repair operations in the year 1982 and has undertaken repairs of all types of ships including upgradation of ships of oil exploration industry as well as periodical lay up repairs and life extension of ships of Navy, UTL, Coast Guard, Fisheries and Port Trust besides merchant ships of SCI & ONGC. The yard has, over the years, developed adequate capabilities to handle complex and sophisticated repair jobs. The Shipyard also trains graduate engineers to marine engineers who later join ships both Indian and foreign as 5th Engineers. 100 are trained every year.