The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) invites applications from exceptionally bright and motivated individuals with an established record of high-quality research, and a strong commitment to teaching, for Assistant Professor positions in its Management studies department.
- Vacancies: 01 (UR – 01).
- Qualifications and Experience Required: Ph.D., with First Class or equivalent (in terms of grades, etc.) in the preceding degree, and a good academic record throughout.
- A minimum of three years teaching/research/professional experience, excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. In exceptional cases, candidates with less than requisite experience will also be considered.
- Age Limit: Candidates should preferably be below 35 years of age.
- Scale of pay: Level 12 with basic pay of Rs. 1,01,500/-. After the completion of three years of service in Level 12, pay will be fixed in level 13A1witha basic pay of Rs.1,31,400/-.
- Total minimum emoluments (including Dearness and Transport Allowances): Rs. 1,67,570 per month with house rent allowance, and Rs. 1,43,210 per month if staying on the campus.
How to Apply:
- Applicants may fill the application form attached here, duly enclosing the following certificates.
- Curriculum vitae with a list of all publications.
- Up to 5 selected publications of the applicant.
- A Research Plan. The research plan should also include the laboratory space requirement, and equipment along with the estimated cost (including any cost for laboratory preparation).
- A teaching plan at the undergraduate and post-graduate levels.
- Caste and/or disability Certificatefromthecompetentauthority, as applicable.
- Any other relevant information the applicant may wish to furnish.
- The filled-in application me be sent through post to the Registrar, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, 560012, INDIA on or before 30th March 2020. Alternatively, candidates may also send their applications in PDF format through email to the id email@example.com with a CC to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Candidates who have already applied for the Management studies department, as per the rolling advertisement need not apply again.
Interested candidates can read the full notification before applying for the job.
Established in 1909, IISc is India’s leading institution of advanced education and research in the sciences and in engineering. From its beginnings, IISc has laid equal emphasis on fundamental investigations and the solution of practical problems in such a setting.
IISc’s reputation and preeminence ensure that it attracts the best of young faculty members trained in the best laboratories around the world. Our faculty, numbering around 500, carries out research across 42 departments in most areas of the basic and applied sciences, publishing vigorously in premier journals.